Quinoa pilaf with shallot vinaigrette. Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the cucumbers and chopped mint and stir to combine. Add the shallot dressing and toss well to coat.
Spoon into a bowl and serve, garnished with tomatoes. Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, water, veggie base, seasoned salt, and pepper to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. You can have Quinoa pilaf with shallot vinaigrette using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa pilaf with shallot vinaigrette
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked quinoa rinsed under cold running water.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery,finely chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of small red onion,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of medium shallot,chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh parsley (optional).
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Stir quinoa, thyme, bay leaf, kosher salt, and black pepper into mushroom mixture. Salt, to taste In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the quinoa, a large pinch of salt and water (or broth).
Quinoa pilaf with shallot vinaigrette step by step
- Combine broth,quinoa,celery,carrot,onion and thyme in crockpot. Cover;cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until liquid is absorbed..
- Meanwhile,combine shallots,vinegar,honey,mustard and pepper in small bowl;whisk in oil. Fluff quinoa with fork ; stir in shallot mixture. Garnish with parsley..
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Add the onion, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Cut the tomatoes in half and stir into the onion mixture. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in quinoa until well combined.