Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in the half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top. Stir it in as best as you can, then smooth the mix back flat again.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks. How to make slow cooker quinoa enchilada casserole Pour all ingredients except cheese and toppings into the slow cooker. Serve topped with avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. You can cook Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- It’s 2 cans (10 oz.) of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of water or unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice, divided.
Top tips and questions Slow cookers are really magical. And this Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole is a perfect dish. Spicy, from-scratch blender enchilada sauce mixed with beans and quinoa and vegetables, and optional cheesy deliciousness. How to make Beef & Quinoa Enchilada Casserole: Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..
Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese to the slow cooker and mix together. Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Remove the lid and stir the casserole. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in the half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top.