Quinoa Fried “Rice”. Season with salt and fluff with a fork. In a large skillet over medium. Dried chilies or chili garlic sauce add a bit of heat, while chopped green onion adds freshness and a pop of color.
Quick + easy Fresh Flavorful Customizable Nutrient-packed & Super delicious Add the remaining oil to the wok and add the scallions, peppers and garlic. Saute about a minute, add the tomato and stir in all the quinoa. Add soy sauce and stir to mix all the ingredients. You can cook Quinoa Fried “Rice” using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Fried “Rice”
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa uncooked.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 2-4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Keep stirring a few minutes, then add cooked scrambled egg. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Quinoa: Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh sieve under cool running water.
Quinoa Fried “Rice” step by step
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. You can use 1 cup of chicken broth in place of water for added flavour..
- Heat oil in large pan over med high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are soft..
- Add vegetables, quinoa, & soy sauce to pan and mix well..
- Create a well in the centre of the pan and crack the eggs in the middle. Scramble the eggs then mix with quinoa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
Fluff with a fork and set aside. How to Make Quinoa Fried Rice Begin by cooking your quinoa in a saucepan. For the liquid in this recipe I used water, but you can also use chicken or vegetable broth to add an extra layer of flavor. Add a sprinkle of garlic powder, fluff, and toss your quinoa into the pan with the veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pan fry for a few minutes.