Lemon Cake From Scratch. Here is a quick look at our steps. Add the lemon juice, zest, and baking powder and mix well. Slowly stir in the flour and milk.
Continue beating until the egg whites form soft peaks. Baking at home with your kids and/or family is so much fun. Staying home to stay well isn't so terrible. You can cook Lemon Cake From Scratch using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake From Scratch
- You need of For The Cake:.
- Prepare of (2 1/2) Cup Flour.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cup Sugar.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Salt.
- It's of (2) Tsp Baking Powder.
- It's of (4) Eggs.
- It's of (1 1/4) Cup Milk.
- It's of (2) Tbsp Oil.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Tsp Lemon Extract.
- It's of (1) Tbsp Lemon Zest.
- It's of (1 1/2) Stick Butter, Softened.
- You need of For The Lemon Curd:.
- You need of (3/4) Cup Sugar.
- It's of (1/4) Cup Cornstarch.
- You need of (1) Cup Water.
- You need of (2) Egg Yolks, Wisked.
- It's of (2) Tbsp Butter, Softened.
- You need of (2) Tsp Lemon Zest.
- You need of (4 1/2) Tbsp Lemon Juice.
- You need of For The Frosting:.
- It's of (2) Sticks Butter, Softened.
- You need of (16) Ozs Cream Cheese, Softened.
- It's of (2) Tsp Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Lemon Extract.
- You need of (2) Tsp Lemon Zest.
- You need of (6) Cup Powder Sugar.
Spread the cooled lemon filling onto one cake, and then carefully place the second lemon cake on top. Using a straight spatula, add the frosting in a thin base layer around the cake, then add a final layer on top. You can add as little or as much frosting as you want. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
Lemon Cake From Scratch instructions
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 cake pans..
- Add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder to mixing bowl. Using whisk attachment, whisk for 1 minute..
- In a another bowl whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon extract and zest. Whisk until completely combined..
- Replace whisk on mixer with the dry ingredients with paddle attachment. Add butter slowly to the dry ingredients, mix until well incorporated..
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until well incorporated the cake batter will be fluffy..
- Spoon half the batter into one pan, then the rest into 2nd pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until done..
- Remove cakes, let cool completely. I leave them to cool in pans you can do as you wish..
- Let's make the curd. Combine sugar, cornstarch and water, constantly whisk over medium. In the meantime have 2 egg yolks mixed in a small bowl..
- When curd starts to boil, remove from heat, pour 1/2 cup into bowl of egg yolks, whisk constantly for a few seconds then whisk back into pan with the remaining mixture. Whisk for about 30 seconds..
- Add in butter, zest and lemon juice. Whisk for another minute. Set aside to cool..
- Lets make the frosting. Whisk butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese, whisk until smooth and incorporated..
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract. Add the powder sugar. Whisk until smooth..
- Before building the cake, place about 1 1/2 cup of frosting into a frosting bag, using whatever tip you wish..
- Build cake, layer of frosting then curd. Place 2nd cake on top. Frost sides then top, If you want curd on top also, make a dam with frosting tip, then add curd. Decorate with remaining frosting..
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Now, add eggs, oil, lemon juice, or emulsion oil and lemon zest. Mix until everything is smooth Add sour cream and mix until just combined. The icing should be thick and not runny. Pour icing over cake and let dry before serving.