Kale Quinoa. Remove cover and allow quinoa to cool completely. Drain excess water well. (Or do this in a big bowl) Place in a saucepan with water. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully.
Use any type of cheese you like to finish this quinoa and kale recipe. Some to try are Manchego, Parmigiano-Reggiano or Gruyere. Organic Quinoa (Water, Organic White Quinoa, Organic Red Quinoa), Organic Kale, Organic Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper. You can cook Kale Quinoa using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale Quinoa
- You need 1 c of quinoa.
- You need 2 c of water.
- Prepare 5 stalks of kale.
- Prepare 1/2 C of roasted sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 C of roasted sliced almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 C of dried cranberries.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of thyme.
- It’s of garlic.
This leafy green comes from the cabbage family and has the antioxidant lutein, as well as beta-carotene and vitamin C. Cook quinoa according to instructions on package. Add kale and toss to coat. Uncover, toss, and turn heat down to low.
Kale Quinoa step by step
- Rinse off quiona, add to a pot with water.
- Chop up kale and place on top without mixing in.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix together and continue cooking until water is absorbed.
- Pour into a bowl and toss with nuts spices and cranberries.
- Serve warm or cool.
Cook quinoa according to directions on package and cool completely. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl. Add apples, quinoa, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.