Plain sponge cake. Line bottoms with parchment; butter parchment and flour pans, tapping out excess flour. Sift flour and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat yolks until slightly thickened.
Lamingtons are little sponge cakes coated in chocolate and grated coconut. A traditional Australian treat that appeals to most. Any firm type of plain cake can be used: butter cake, pound cake, Madeira cake or genoise sponge. You can have Plain sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plain sponge cake
- It’s 2 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare 2 cups of oil.
- Prepare 20 of eggs.
- It’s 6 cups of sugar.
- It’s 8 cups of flour.
- Prepare 16 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tsp of vanilla essences.
Note: desiccated coconut is a slightly dried shredded coconut–not sweetened. Add the sugar gradually and continue to beat. Sift the flour several times and fold into the mixture. Do not grease the sides of the pan.
Plain sponge cake instructions
- Wipe down and wash utensils Lay out all ingredients and utensils to be used.
- Weigh and measure ingredients Mix hot water and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Add eggs and sugar into mixing bowl and beat together until lightin color and thick..
- Measure flour and baking powder with spices onto a bowl. Add egg mixture with all dry ingredients together with oil and water mixture..
- Grease pan and pour cake batter into greased pan.
- Place into an hot oven and allow it to Bake for 45-60 mins Check with squer if come out clean and it's golden brown it's ready.
- . Leave to cool properly and remove from pan and serve as desire..
In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until light, gradually adding in the sugar. Add in vanilla and lemon and set aside. Take a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, sugar and vanilla in it. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Heat the eggs,sugar and vanilla until slightly hot, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.