Orange pistachio quinoa salad. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine romaine, beans, mandarin oranges, cucumber, pistachios, onion and cooled quinoa.
In a separate dish, combine the vinegar, garlic, pepper, olive oil and the reserved ¼ cup juice from the mandarin oranges. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with cooked quinoa, navel orange, pistachios, and dressing. Fluff with a fork; season with a pinch of salt. You can have Orange pistachio quinoa salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange pistachio quinoa salad
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa rinsed in strainer.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of farro.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped romaine.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz) of garbanzo beans drained.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz) of mandarin oranges drained.
- It’s 1 of medium cucumber halved and sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of shelled toasted pistachios.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1 of medium navel orange.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
More Quinoa Recipes In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, garlic and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. In a large bowl, add the quinoa, rice, apricots and pistachios and stir well. Pour over the dressing and stir well to combine.
Orange pistachio quinoa salad instructions
- Boil water, add quinoa and farro. Return to boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Cool..
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, beans, mandarin oranges,cucumber, onion, and cooled quinoa/ farro. In a small bowl add some finely grated zest from the orange and then squeeze juice from orange into bowl. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper. Add to salad and mix..
- Add shelled pistachios to top of salad when serving. I like mine toasted..
Stir in the arugula just before serving. While they are roasting bring water or broth to a boil and add rinsed quinoa. Peel and segment the Satsumas and toss them on top of the salad. Using a fine grater, microplane or zester, remove the zest from the navel orange. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.