Butter Cake. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper, or dust lightly with flour. On medium speed, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla, and mix, scraping down sides of bowl.
Mix together sugar, flour, salt, soda, shortening and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy. You can have Butter Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter Cake
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 sticks of Unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp of plain greek yogurt.
Crack eggs into a small dish (do not beat) and add vanilla. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, and egg.
Butter Cake instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees..
- Lightly grease the pan (loaf pan, mini loaf pan) 8×8 or 9×9 inch square pan or round pan with some butter. Mix the flour and baking powder together and sift. Add in the salt and mix well. Set that aside..
- Use an electic hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter and and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color approximately 2 minutes..
- Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes after adding each egg..
- Scrape down the sides for even mixing. Add in the vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in the flour and mix well. Add in the plain yogurt or whole milk..
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute the cake batter evenly. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 – 50 minutes. To prevent the top of the cake from over browning, cover the top of the baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil once the cake top is set. Use a cake tester to test doneness..
- Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve warm..
In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch. You may use powdered sugar or brown sugar. Other than plain yogurt or full milk, you can also use sour cream, whipping cream or evaporated milk. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat briefly – don't worry if the mixture goes a little bit lumpy – then scrape down the sides of the bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the plain flour and baking powder.