Healthy quinoa salad. Quinoa Deli Salad This healthy version of a deli salad combines hearty quinoa and chickpeas with small amounts of ham and mozzarella, so you get all of the flavor without overdoing it on the sodium. This healthy quinoa salad is great as dinner and doubles as a delicious lunch the next day. Known as one of nature's superfoods, quinoa (KEEN-wah) is a carbohydrate that's extra rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals.
The salad dressing ties all the flavors together. A quartet of super foods (kale, quinoa, avocado, and olive oil) make this a healthy meal! To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. You can have Healthy quinoa salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy quinoa salad
- You need 5 tablespoons of olive oil (for dressing).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar (for dressing).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (for dressing).
- It’s 0.5 of lemon juiced (for dressing).
- You need 2 tablespoons of 0% Greek yogurt (for dressing).
- You need 1 cup of quinoa (uncooked).
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1.5 cups of halved grape tomatoes.
- Prepare .25 cup of green olives.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh dill.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Top with pumpkin seeds (optional).
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Subtly spiced crunchy chickpeas are the key to this wonderful quinoa salad by The Last Food Blog. Fresh avocado, cucumber, tomato and a creamy mustard dressing complete the dish. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Healthy quinoa salad step by step
- Measure out 1cup of quinoa and follow the cooking instruction on the package..
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt in a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, allow to cool completely before proceeding..
- Dice both bell peppers, halve the tomatoes and remove the pits from the olives if necessary. You may also roughly chop the parsley and dill at this time..
- Once the quinoa has cooled, transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the herbs, vegetables and dressing and stir the salad until all of the ingredients combined..
- Be sure to taste the salad before serving to be sure it is seasoned to your liking. If you are satisfied both the taste, you may either top it with the pumpkin seeds and serve it immediately or you may store it and eat it later. Enjoy!.
Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes. Citrus Quinoa Salad with pistachios and fresh citrus all wrapped up in a citrus-lemon vinaigrette. Southwest Quinoa Salad with black beans and roasted corn, with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette. Quinoa Corn Salad with fresh avocado, crisp corn, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. This salad is dressed in a chipotle-lime vinaigrette.