Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. For the peppers: Set a large saute pan. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat gently in the microwave or oven.
Cook until the meat is browned. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the cooked quinoa to the meat mixture. You can cook Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- It’s 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- You need 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- It’s Packet of ground turkey.
- You need 4 of peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It’s of Fresh basil for garnish.
Fill each pepper with the mixture. Once quinoa and bell peppers have finished cooking remove from heat. In a large pot or deep saute pan, begin to cook the ground turkey. Once turkey has started to brown, add in the chopped red onion, chopped mushrooms, Italian seasoning, cooked quinoa, and half of the tomato sauce.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa instructions
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
Cover loosely with foil and bake until. Try our new delicious and healthful Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. This satisfying one-dish meal has real star power and easily earns a place at the center of the table. If you prefer, you can use ground pork or beef in this recipe. In a sauté pan on the stove, heat olive oil.