Radish or Turnip Cake. Transfer shredded radish in a large pot or bowl, spread salt on the surface and rub with hand. To prepare the side ingredients: in a small pan, add around ½ tablespoon oil and then fry onions, dried shrimp, sausage and shitake mushroom until aroma. The turnip will produce liquid, some of which will evaporate.
Contrary to the name, this cake dish only uses shredded Chinese radish to make. This type of Radish is also known as Daikon Radish or White Radish. Dice dried shrimps, Chinese sausage and dried shiitake mushrooms into small pieces. You can cook Radish or Turnip Cake using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Radish or Turnip Cake
- It's 2 of radish grated.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Dried shrimp cut into small.
- Prepare of Dried mushroom small dice.
- Prepare cubes of Chinese sausage small.
- Prepare of Dried scallop soak and drain.
- It's of Spring onion diced.
Add all of the chopped radish into the same wok. Alternatively, but not often, it is also known as daikon cake or radish cake, or luo bo gao (蘿蔔糕) in Mandarin. As radish looks like a white carrot, turnip cake is also known as carrot cake in Singapore. Turnip cakes are commonly consumed as part of the breakfast item, and the local restaurants serve this as part of the dim sum menu.
Radish or Turnip Cake instructions
- Heat pan and add oil.Stir fry all the ingredients until done except radish.Then set aside..
- Peel radish and wash then grated it.Then.wash with water and squeezred and wash again to let the.bitter taste removed..
- Then.in a wook.add.oil and cook radish.keep stirring it until the wster evaporates.and pour all the dry ingredients.Keep mixing so that it will.not stick on the bottom of the wok.Keep cooking until radish are done.Then pour in.a tray ler it cool.Keep in the fridge..
- If you want to eat you can.just cut into square and steam or fry will do..
Radishes have a variety of colors depending on the variant. You'll see red radishes most often; these are round or oval. When it comes to taste in considering turnip vs. radish, this also differs greatly. In fact, even the different variants of these root vegetables differ in taste! Turnip cake is not made of turnip but daikon, a type of winter radish widely used in Asian cuisine.