Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
Uncover and fluff with a fork. Cook the quinoa according to package directions Chop up all the veggies into small pieces Add the quinoa veggies, chickpeas and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl Make the dressing and toss together with the salad Make ahead Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl To cook the quinoa, combine the uncooked quinoa with ⅔ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. You can cook Mediterranean Quinoa Salad using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- You need 2 Cups of Quinoa.
- It’s 2 Cans of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 Cup of Dry Lentils.
- Prepare 1 Can of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 Can of Cannelli Beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 Can of Sliced Black Olives.
- Prepare 1 Pkg of Grape Tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of Large Onion diced.
- It’s 2 of Bell Peppers diced.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Juice from Lemon.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Remove lid, fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside. Add water and quinoa to saucepan and bring to a boil. Place lid on saucepan and reduce heat to low. Remove from heat and set aside to cool in pan.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad step by step
- Bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool..
- Bring lentils and chicken broth to a boil, partially cover with lid and reduce heat. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool..
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, lentils, cannelli beans, grape tomatoes, olives, onions, and peppers..
- For Vinaigrette: In blender add garlic powder, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, sugar red wine vinegar, water, and dijon mustard. On low speed slowly add olive oil until mixed..
- Pour vinaigrette over quinoa mix and mix well..
Chop ingredients and place in large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa to the bowl and toss. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, roasted tomatoes, arugula, cucumbers, herbs, feta, olives, onion, and pine nuts. Toss to combine, then drizzle with the dressing and toss again. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes, and toss again.