Carrot Cake Oat Dog Treats. Place the ground oats in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the whole oats, to the bowl. Add more yogurt if needed until the dough just sticks together.
Simple homemade Carrot Cake Dog Treats for your puppies. Prepare oatmeal, add carrots, roll into bite-sized pieces, and voila! Your "gourmet" homemade dog treat for your favorite puppy is ready! You can have Carrot Cake Oat Dog Treats using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Oat Dog Treats
- Prepare 2 cups of oats divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt (or more if needed).
Mix carrots, oats, and apple together in a large bowl. Whisk peanut butter and eggs until thoroughly combined in a second bowl. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. In a large bowl stir together the carrots, eggs and applesauce.
Carrot Cake Oat Dog Treats step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of the oats in a food processor and grind until it has a flour-like consistency. Place the ground oats in a large mixing bowl..
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the whole oats, to the bowl. Stir to combine. Add more yogurt if needed until the dough just sticks together. If too sticky, add more oats or oat flour..
- If the mixture is sticky, lightly dust the surface with flour or additional ground oats. Roll out the dough to approximately 1/4" thick. Using your desired cookie cutter, cut out the treat shapes and place them on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Bake treats at 350F for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven, leaving the cookies inside, and let them sit for two hours. This will make the cookies crunchier. For soft cookies, remove them after 15-20 minutes to cool at room temperature. –>You can also make strawberry and blueberry treats as well with this recipe! 😋.
- Store soft treats in an airtight container, kept in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks. Hard treats can be kept at room temperature up to 3 weeks.😁 There you have it… CARROT CAKE FOR DOGS!🥕 It's also Bodhi approved! 👍.
In another medium bowl whisk together the cinnamon, oats and flour. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. The dough will be thick, so you may wet your fingers to press the dough into place. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Grab a large bowl and a handheld mixer!