Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce. In a small sauce pan, heat the oil , add the onion and stir until fragrant. Add quinoa and stir for a minute, the add salt and pepper. Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, remove from heat and let it cool down.
Add the can of diced tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, chopped parsley and salt and pepper. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add sun-dried tomatoes, quinoa and flour, stirring around to coat evenly. You can cook Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce
- You need 4 of jalapenos, deseeded and diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced, divided.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 15 oz of can of black beans, drained.
- You need 5 of plum tomatoes, diced, divided.
- It’s 15 oz of can of corn.
- It’s 1 packet of adobo sazon.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano, divided.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cilantro, diced, divided.
- It’s 400 g of crema or creme fraiche.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers, diced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- You need 10 of skinless chicken breasts.
Add the quinoa and sauté for a minute until it begins to crackle. Once the quinoa fully absorbs the water, fluff with a fork and mix in the olives, capers, garlic, and parsley. Marinate with salt, pepper and thyme and keep it aside. Fill the marinated chicken breast with the prepared filling and close the chicken breast tightly.
Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. Cook the jalapenos and garlic until fragrant and you get some browning on the garlic..
- Add chicken broth, quinoa, 1/2 of the tomatoes, beans, corns, adobo sazon, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and let it cook while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Combine mexican crema, 2 cups chicken broth, remaining tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos, red peppers, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat. This will stay on the heat until the chicken is ready to serve. Preheat oven to 400F(204C)..
- Depending on the size of your chicken this step is tricky. If you have breasts large enough for you to cut a slit through the chicken creating a large pocket on the inside without piercing the outer layer opening your pocket, go for it! If you have small chicken or you're not sure you can go for plan B. Take half of your chicken and use a sharp knife to cut in half, making sure to keep one of the halves intact. These will be your covers. The other five chickens will be your bases. Either way, any meat scraps you have you can go ahead, cute them into 1/2 inch strips and throw into your cream sauce..
- Check the quinoa, all the water should be gone by now and the quinoa should be ready to serve. Remove from heat. Scoop as much quinoa onto one of the whole chicken breasts (about 4 or 5 tbsp). Try to keep as much of the filling in the middle, you're gonna throw one of the half breast on top in a second..
- Cover the quinoa with one of the half breasts. Using toothpick secure the two pieces of chicken with the quinoa inside. This took about 8 toothpicks to keep everything together. I broke the toothpick in half so they wouldn't get in the way when we transfer to the pan..
- Heast 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan. When the oil is smoking add as much chicken as you can fit in a single layer in the pan. Let the chicken cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, or when browned to your liking. You can peek using a spatula..
- Flip the chicken (carefully! don't want to throw the quinoa everywhere). Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160F(71C)..
- Remove the chicken from the oven and take the cream sauce off the burner. Now you're ready to serve! Accompany with a side of quinoa and pour crema over everything. Eat up!.
Meanwhile heat half of the ghee in a fry pan over high heat (if using butter add a tiny bit of the coconut oil too). Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. If your family is tired of plain grilled or baked chicken for dinner (but you're not tired of the price and ease of it), the best way to switch things up is a stuffed chicken breast recipe. Stuffed chicken is quick, easy, and effortless-and so flavorful. In a large saucepan, mix the first six chicken ingredients until smooth.