Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole. Mix well and set aside to make your cheese sauce. For the sauce, add your cooked and drained sweet potatoes to a blender, along with all remaining cheese sauce ingredients, and process until smooth. Heat oil in a large sauté pan, add onions and cook on medium heat until golden.
In a separate large bowl, combine the yogurt (if using), eggs, feta, dill, and salt & pepper then stir together. Next add the quinoa mixture to the bowl with the eggs and feta and mix. Add tomatoes, carrots, green bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, celery, parsley, and garlic to lentil mixture. You can have Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole
- You need 3 c of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 c of quinoa (rinsed, drained).
- It’s 3/4 c of brown lentils.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 c of chopped onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlice (minced).
- You need 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need 2 of eggs (lightly beaten).
- Prepare 6 oz of plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 c of feta cheese (crumbled).
- Prepare 1/2 c of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 c of kalamatta olives (halved).
In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 2 qt baking dish w/ cooking spray. In a med. saucepan combine broth, quinoa, lentils, and salt. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and broth is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Set aside..
- In an extra-large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and lentil mixture..
- In a small bowl combine eggs and yogurt. Stir in the 1 tbsp snipped fresh oregano and the pepper. Gently stir yogurt mixture into mixture in skillet. Fold in feta cheese..
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Top with tomatoes, olives, and pita chips. Sprinkle with additional fresh oregano..
Combine the cooked quinoa, lentils, spinach mixture and tomatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate large bowl, combine the yogurt (if using), eggs, feta, dill, and salt & pepper then stir together. All of your favorite Greek flavors (feta, oregano, olives, and onion) join forces with lentils and quinoa to make a comforting yet light Mediterranean recipe. Top with pita chips, tomatoes, olives, and fresh oregano for a burst of color and flavor. Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine the spinach, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil.