Choco-Coco Quinoa "Rice" Pudding. Add quinoa, dates, cacao powder, sea salt and stevia and blend on high until smooth and creamy. The pudding will be quite thick at this point, but don't worry! Transfer the pudding to a large mixing bowl.
Stir into Quinoa mixture and cook, over low heat, for two more minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the butter and vanilla. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has. You can cook Choco-Coco Quinoa "Rice" Pudding using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Choco-Coco Quinoa "Rice" Pudding
- It's 1/2 cup of white quinoa.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tsp of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 3 tbsp of dark cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shredded coconut (unsweetened And/or Toasted).
- It's 1 of vanilla ice cream (leave out or sub for vegan style).
- Prepare of whipped cream (do not add if vegan style or substitute with whipped coconut cream).
- Prepare of brown sugar for sprinkling (for those who like it a lil bit sweeter).
- You need of coconut milk.
Mix in quinoa, nuts, and currants. Stir together cinnamon and remaining tablespoon sugar and sprinkle over top of pudding. Serve warm or at room temperature. Submit a Recipe Correction Heat the mixture over medium high and bring to a boil.
Choco-Coco Quinoa "Rice" Pudding step by step
- Rinse quinoa..
- Mix coconut milk and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil..
- Once at boiling add vanilla extract and maple syrup. Stir well lower heat and cover pan. *sometimes i add a cinnamon stick before i simmer the pudding).
- Let simmer 15 mins. No peeking!.
- Remove from heat and let sit another five minutes..
- Add cocoa powder. Stir in a little extra coconut milk if it seems too thick for your liking. Sprinkle the shredded coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon over a dollop of vanilla ice cream and whip cream on top!!.
- Serve hot or cold. :).
Just as the milk mixture comes to a boil, mix in the cooked quinoa. Crack an egg into a small, heatproof bowl bowl with a splash of milk and beat it lightly with a fork or a whisk. Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Place quinoa in a mesh colander. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and allow to drain.