Broccoli, Rice, Quinoa & Cheese Casserole. Serve as a side or as a meal in itself (just add some cheese or protein). Even the kids can make this Broccoli & Quinoa 'Rice'. Such a great option if you're trying to reduce carbs.
Lift the lid and stir the quinoa. Now add the chopped broccoli to the steaming shelf and replace the lid. Once the rice cooker finishes, your broccoli should be ready. You can have Broccoli, Rice, Quinoa & Cheese Casserole using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli, Rice, Quinoa & Cheese Casserole
- You need 2 cup of rice (white or brown).
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 14 oz of finely chopped broccoli (about 2 cups).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 33/100 box of velveeta queso blanco cheese.
- It’s 1/2 can of heavy cream.
Put to one side and add the cheese and a little extra water if the quinoa feels dry. Stir until the cheese is all melted. Add the broccoli and stir through to incorporate. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Broccoli, Rice, Quinoa & Cheese Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Bring 2 cups chicken stock to a boil. Add rice, bring back to a boil for 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and stir in cooked quinoa and chopped broccoli. Set aside. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa (see recipe).
- In large sauce pan, over medium heat melt butter. Add onions & bell peppers and saute until soft. Stir in garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes until fragrant. Be careful to not burn it. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, and using same can measure out heavy cream and add to pan. Add in cubed cheese (about 1/3 of a 2 pound block of velveeta cheese). Stir till cheese is almost melted..
- In a large bowl mix together cheese soup mixture with rice, broccoli & quinoa..
- Pour mixture into a 13×9 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through and starting to brown on top..
While the quinoa cooks, roast the broccoli: place the broccoli in a very large bowl. Heat up a wok on medium heat, once hot, add oil followed by cumin seeds. Then add the onions and green chilies. Add the riced broccoli to the sauteed onions and season with salt. Add half the oil to the skillet.