Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise. Place all of the ingredients except the thyme leaves into a narrow jug or bowl. Use a stick or immersion blender to combine the ingredients. You'll notice that almost immediately the mayonnaise will begin to emulsify.
Allow them to cool a bit then roughly blend the mushrooms and chickpeas. Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed. Transfer to a bowl and add quinoa and oats; stir well to combine. You can have Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise using 29 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise
- It's of Burgers.
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of seasoned panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 tsp of ground thyme.
- It's 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It's of GARLIC & THYME MAYONNAISE.
- It's 2 clove of garlic, peeled.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves, chopped.
- It's of Beer Carmelized Onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It's 2 of sweet onion, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 can of or bottle of your favorite beer (I used Yuengling Lager).
- Prepare of sliced cheese (I used quesadilla cheese).
- You need of Additional Burger fixins.
- It's of of your favorite buns (I used onion buns).
- It's of sliced portabello mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Place ground beef, quinoa, minced garlic, onion powder, worcesteshire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. When the mushrooms are cool enough to handle add them to the bowl. Add red onion, green onion, and rice wine vinegar. Puree until blend reaches a medium ground texture.
Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise instructions
- To make the mayonnaise: place the garlic cloves in a saucepan along with the oil. Place over a low heat for 20 minutes to infuse and slowly cook the garlic. Set aside to cool completely..
- Place all of the ingredients except the thyme leaves into a narrow jug or bowl. Use a stick or immersion blender to combine the ingredients. You’ll notice that almost immediately the mayonnaise will begin to emulsify. Blend until combined. Stir in chopped thyme..
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. Refrigerate..
- Mayo shortcut: if you want to save time just use 1 cup helmans mayo, garlic & thyme. Blend well and refrigerate until needed..
- For the burgers: Mix cooled quinoa & panko together in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, soy sauce, garlic & seasonings until well blended. Mix together with ground beef. Chill for 30 minutes and then form into patties. Makes 8 large patties depending on the size of your patties. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa (see recipe).
- To caramelize the onions: Heat large skillet. Add 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened..
- At this point you want to slowly add the beer, let it cook into the onions, add more and let it cook. Do this until the all of beer is gone or the onions are caramelized to your liking and the beer has evaporated. Remove from the skillet and keep warm..
- Brown mushrooms in 2 tablespoon butter in same frying pan used for onions..
- Broil @ 450°F (or grill) burgers until desired doness is reached..
- Enjoy on fresh buns topped with a slice of cheese, onions, mushrooms and a dollop of garlic & thyme mayonnaise and your favorite burger toppings..
Pour mixture into mixing bowl and add cooked quinoa, rice flour, Curious Spoon Umami Seasoning, salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in quinoa until well combined. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired. Adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen.