Spiced Quinoa in Tomato Sauce. The Best Quinoa Tomato Sauce Recipes on Yummly Classic Tomato Sauce, Easy Tomato Sauce, Roasted Tomato Sauce. Tomato Sauce My Spicy Kitchen. tomatoes, garlic, salt, olive oil, bay leaf, tomato paste, basil.
Stir in the tomato sauce and water, then season with the chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. To the saucepan, add quinoa and tomatoes. You can have Spiced Quinoa in Tomato Sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Quinoa in Tomato Sauce
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- It's 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
- It's 2 of cardamom pods.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sumach.
- You need 500 grams of tomato juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- You need 300 grams of frozen peas.
- It's 150 grams of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of salt and chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
Stir in the quinoa, curry powder, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and chicken stock. Once the quinoa has finished cooking, stir in the drained garbanzo beans, toasted pine nuts, and raisins. Add the carrot strips and stir for a further minute. Broth: first and foremost, change up the liquid that you're using to cook your quinoa.
Spiced Quinoa in Tomato Sauce step by step
- Heat some oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add the cinnamon, star anise, black pepper, crushed cardamom pods, bay leaf and sumach. Stir for about a minute.
- Then, add tomato juice, sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil and add thawed peas and rinsed quinoa.
- Cook for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding more water if needed. When quinoa is cooked, add salt, chili flakes and turmeric. At this point, the dish will look like a stew, so turn off the heat and cover with a lid for 15 minutes. Enjoy :).
Rather than using water, try to change it up for broth (veggie, chicken, beef, mushroom, etc). You can also use coconut milk if you're wanting something a little more creamy/tropical. Add the passata, red pepper, spices and seasoning, cover and bring to the boil. The general concept is eggs poached in a spiced tomato sauce, but there are lots of different variations. I took some creative liberties (as usual) and added quinoa to boost the protein content — but it cooks right in the sauce so no need to break out a second pan!