Curried Quinoa. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour broth into the pan and bring to a boil. Add tomatoes, cucumber and onion to quinoa.
Then add salt, curry powder, and water and bring to a boil. Transfer quinoa, water, broth, and curry powder to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. How to Make Curried Quinoa In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium high heat. You can cook Curried Quinoa using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curried Quinoa
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cups of water, chicken or vegetable broth.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It's to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of optional diced bell pepper.
- You need of optional medium-sized sweet onion (diced).
- You need of optional choice of meat (diced).
- Prepare of optional clove of mined garlic.
Being careful not to burn the spices. Add quinoa, water, and cinnamon Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add broth, quinoa, raisins and curry powder; stir.
Curried Quinoa step by step
- IMPORTANT: Rinse quinoa in water and drain well to eliminate bitterness in the quinoa. If pre-washed quinoa is used, skip this step..
- Add quinoa, chicken broth, curry powder and chili powder into a pot and stir well. If water is used instead of broth, add a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover pot. Let cook at a low heat for about 20 mins until quinoa has completely soaked up all the liquid..
- Take the quinoa off the heat and let the steam cook it further for about 10 mins. Cooked quinoa should be translucent and fluffy..
- OPTIONAL STEP: If you like, heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and stir-fry onions, garlic, bell pepper and meat-of-choice. Add in the cooked quinoa and stir-fry for another 5-7 mins. Great option to fried rice. ;).
Stir in carrots and almonds; cover. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, red pepper, quinoa, onion, raisins and curry. When quinoa is finished, remove the lid and remove from heat. During this time, add the oil to a skillet and bring to medium heat. Mix the squash with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.