Turkey And Quinoa Casserole. Remove from heat, covered, for five minutes. In a large glass bowl, whisk together egg and orange juice. Add turkey/veggie mixture and cooked quinoa to bowl.
Heat oil in a very large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in turkey and spices and cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the jalapeno, onion, peppers, and garlic, and cook until they're tender crisp. You can have Turkey And Quinoa Casserole using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey And Quinoa Casserole
- You need of casserole.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of skim milk.
- It’s 5 oz of swiss cheese.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It’s 16 oz of frozed broccoli that has been thawed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of casserole topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese.
It will finish cooking in the oven. Drain any remaining water and place in a large bowl. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
Turkey And Quinoa Casserole instructions
- Cook quinoa according to package directions..
- In a large deep skillet brown turkey over medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes breaking meat apart and until no pink color shows..
- Set turkey aside..
- In same pan add the oil and flour. Whisk until incorporated and cook 2 minutes..
- Whisk in milk and raise heat to medium high. Continuously whisk until a smooth thick sauce is achieved. Add in all the spices..
- Lower heat to medium, stir in swiss cheese. Since I like fresh cheeses, I buy baby swiss from the deli counter at my grocers. Then I place all the slices on top of each other and cut them into thin slices..
- Stir in quinoa, turkey and vegetables. Mix well to combine..
- Now, you can make one large 9×13 dish or two 8×8 dishes. Use one now and freeze the other. I'm now making one large 9×13 dish..
- So in a 9×13 baking dish add the quinoa mixture. Bake at 350°F fahrenheit for 20 minutes, covered. Then, uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and cook another 10 minutes..
- To freeze the smaller dish, once you add quinoa mixture into dish let it cool. You will not do the baking process yet. Once cooled, cover tightly and freeze. To cook, place dish from freezer into a cold oven. Turn oven on to the 350°F. Lightly cover with tin foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover. Now add the shredded mozzarella and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Then remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Korean Ground Turkey Rice Bowls Yummly. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, salt, and red pepper flakes. Sauté and crumble meat until turkey is cooked through.