Cheesy Mexi-Quinoa Bake. This one pan Mexican quinoa bake is loaded with veggies. Salt in a large saucepan, then bring to a low boil. Serve garnished with toppings such as sour cream, salsa, cilantro, extra shredded cheese, and tortilla strips.
Top with cilantro, avocado and a squeeze of lime. Add water, quinoa, chopped sweet potato, black beans, salsa, bell pepper, yellow onion, green onion, cilantro and taco seasoning in your slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well-mixed. You can cook Cheesy Mexi-Quinoa Bake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Mexi-Quinoa Bake
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 of Poblano pepper, diced (or small green pepper).
- It’s 1 cup of corn (2 Cobbs or lil less than 1 can).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken stock or water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of +1 tbs of salsa (any kind, hot or mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of Or more (if you'd like) of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
Fluff with a fork and set aside. In a Dutch oven or similar large, deep sauté pot, heat the olive oil over medium high. In a large pot set over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Stir in minced garlic and cook, while continuing to stir, until garlic is fragrant.
Cheesy Mexi-Quinoa Bake step by step
- In a pot combine quinoa and chicken stock and cook 15-20min then set aside.
- In a pan, brown ground beef then drain some (not all) the fat..
- Add onions to ground beef and cook for about 3 min, then add the chili powder, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder and mix..
- Add the poblano and cherry tomatoes, stir and season with salt and pepper..
- Add the corn and quinoa and mix to combine. Then stir in the salsa..
- Transfer everything to a lightly sprayed/greased casserole/baking dish and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Bake in 400°F oven for 15 or 20 min until the cheese is melted and bubbly..
- Serve with avocado slices, and lime wedges 😉 (sour cream would be great too).
Drain grease and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir in cooked quinoa, Greek yogurt, and just enough milk to make the mixture creamy. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Quinoa Enchilada Bake from Chelsea's Messy Apron: A delicious sweet potato, black bean, and corn quinoa enchilada bake is a nutrition-loaded casserole the whole family will love.