Apple Almond Cake. Make the topping by stirring together the sliced almonds, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, butter and almond extract.
Top with remaining batter, smoothing with an offset spatula. Stir the dry ingredients into the almond batter mixture by hand, then fold in the diced apples, along with any lemon juice in the bowl. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. You can cook Apple Almond Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Almond Cake
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 75 g (6 tbsp) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 70 g (9 tbsp) of cake flour.
- You need 30 g (1/4 cup) of almond flour/ground almond.
- It’s 2.5 g (1/2 tsp) of baking powder.
- You need 1.5 g (1/4 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 56 g (1/4 cup) of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 of apple.
- It’s of powdered sugar / icing sugar for dusting.
Place the sliced apples in concentric circles on top of the batter, pressing them in very lightly. In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Made almond paste and used honey crisp apples.
Apple Almond Cake instructions
- Grease a 6-inches (15 cm) round pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper..
- Take half of an apple. Slice it equally into 8 thin slices. Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until they reach ribbon stage consistency (thick and creamy). Switch to a low speed and beat for 1 minute to even out the air bubbles..
- Sieve half of the flour into the egg batter. Carefully fold and mix them. Then sieve in the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined..
- Take a spoonful of the cake batter and mix it with the melted butter..
- Pour the butter mixture with the remaining cake batter. Quickly but also gently fold, just until combined..
- Transfer it into the cake pan. Arrange the apple slices on top..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 35 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Dust the top with icing sugar before serving..
The cornstarch added to the AP flour is similar to cake flour. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Do you think you can handle this challenge? Here are a few tips from Mary on how best to embark on this bake; read this recipe three times and visualize what it will look like at the end.