Quinoa Salad. Make-Ahead Spinach Salad in a Jar Prep these salads once and eat for the week! Make sure to firmly pack the spinach into each jar and they will stay fresh all week. A great use for leftover quinoa!
Add the quinoa, stir once, and return to a boil. Strain and rinse well with cold water, shaking the sieve well to remove all moisture. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. You can have Quinoa Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Salad
- It’s of Salad.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, seeded and diced.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of juiced limes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes. This extra time allows the quinoa to steam and "fluff up." To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
Quinoa Salad instructions
- Bring water up to boil, add quinoa, then turn down to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, until done..
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, stir to combine.
- Prepare dressing by whisking ingredients for 1-2 minutes. Pour over salad and stir well to combine..
- ** I prefer extra lime juice and cilantro! Make it your own!*.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Then fluff quinoa with a fork and spread it out onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Quinoa Deli Salad This healthy version of a deli salad combines hearty quinoa and chickpeas with small amounts of ham and mozzarella, so you get all of the flavor without overdoing it on the sodium. This healthy quinoa salad is great as dinner and doubles as a delicious lunch the next day.