Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free). Melt the coconut oil and add onion. Add garlic, green bell pepper, sweet potato, all the spices, vegetable stock. Before you jump to Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
In a medium pan heat the coconut oil. Add the garlic, carrots, broccoli and a pinch of salt and stir until softened. Cook until the cooker switches to the off/keep warm position. You can have Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of vidalia onion, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/3 cup of red curry simmer sauce.
- You need 1/8 cup of blanched sliced almonds.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of coconut flakes, to taste.
This colorful vegan roasted veggie coconut curry with quinoa is both gluten free and dairy free.. school, appointments, and the never ending to-do list. This Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa is the recipe you need. It's great to have a go to recipe that not only is easy to prepare, but that you can make ahead of time and feel good. Meanwhile, in a pot, mix together quinoa, water, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry, salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) step by step
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture has begun to boil, bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa has soaked up all of the liquid **The coconut milk will tend to foam and clump at the top if you do not continue to stir throughout–this is not a problem, and you can spoon off anything that clumps on top if you prefer**.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp coconut oil and add the diced tomato, zucchini, and onion.
- Continue to cook the vegetables on low-medium heat until they become soft.
- Add 1/3 cup red curry simmer sauce to the vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, add the vegetable/curry mixture to the pot and stir it in.
- Add the 1/8 cup of blanched almonds, and 1 tbsp of curry powder and stir until the curry has fully been absorbed **1 tbsp does not seem like a lot, but it will go far!**.
- Serve in bowls and add the coconut flakes to garnish!.
Once it has boiled, turn the heat to low and cover until quinoa. This healthy coconut quinoa curry is one of the easiest meals you'll ever make. Just toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it cook! In the meantime, heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir.