Quinoa "Fried Rice". Season with salt and fluff with a fork. In a large skillet over medium. Quinoa fried rice is an easy way to get plentiful servings of vegetables, protein, and complex carbohydrates in a single dish.
Once your veggies are tender, simply add your quinoa and sauce and stir-fry until the quinoa is nice and crispy! We hope you LOVE this dish! Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. You can cook Quinoa "Fried Rice" using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa "Fried Rice"
- It's 1 cup of quinoa rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 of zucchini, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of frozen veggie mix (corn,peas,carrots etc).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 2 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fish sauce (optional).
- Prepare of chopped parsley (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced small.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's of salt and pepper.
Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Best way to reheat quinoa fried rice To reheat it, add a little olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat and sautee the quinoa fried rice until warmed through. Of course, you can always microwave it, but it wnt taste as yummy. Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe This simple and easy quinoa fried rice recipe is a perfect addition to your weekly menu.
Quinoa "Fried Rice" instructions
- In a pot, cook quinoa for about 15-20 min or until cooked and add the frozen veggies in the last 5 min of cooking time and set aside..
- While quinoa is cooking, heat a non stick pan and cook eggs (scrambled) remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and cook garlic and onions until translucent..
- Add your mushrooms to the pan, cook for another 3 min..
- Then add your zucchini, and stir fry another 3 min (I like my zucchini still crisp so I don't usually cook it for long, but you can cook longer if you'd like).
- Add your cooked quinoa and mixed veggies to the pan, mix. . Then add the scrambled eggs into the pan..
- Add your soya sauce, fish sauce (if using) and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together. Let sit for 5 min for everything to mingle then serve 😊.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish (optional).
Quinoa: Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh sieve under cool running water. Remove lid, fluff with a fork, and dig straight in! If it's still a little liquid-y let it simmer for another minute or so until it's nice and fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool. Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture.