Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Zesty quinoa salad made with tri-color quinoa, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, green bell pepper, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, fresh mint leaves and a delicious summery dressing that brings all ingredients together. This salad is great for both weekday dinners and parties, pot-lucks, picnincs and family gatherings.
In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, avocado, feta and parsley. Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and garlic. While the quinoa is simmering chop up the onions, cucumbers and peppers and mix up the dressing. You can cook Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos
- It's 3 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans ( drained & rinsed ).
- Prepare 1 can of corn ( Drained & rinsed ).
- It's 2 of avocados diced.
- It's 2 of limes squeezed.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- It's 1 of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of cumin.
This salad is definitely going to be this summer's ultimate salad. Seriously, it is bursting with in-season fresh fruit and earthy quinoa, and then dressed in a delicious zesty citrus dressing. And if that's not enough, it is equally perfect as a side dish and main meal for these long, summer days. Place the dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and olive oil in a jar and shake it up!
Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos step by step
- Rinse and drain your quinoa. A mesh strainer works best . Once dry heat up your pot and toast the quinoa for a couple of minutes..
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of water in the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool..
- While quinoa is cooking heat up your grill and rub your chicken breasts with taco seasoning and oil..
- Add chicken to grill and cook throughly, about 4 minutes per side depending on grill..
- Wisk together lime juice,oil,cumin,black pepper,and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl fold together quinoa ,black beans, corn,diced roma tomato,chopped cilantro,and cubed avocados while pouring lime juice mixture over the top of it .let sit in fridge or serve immediately..
- Cube chicken into pieces and serve on the corn tortillas..
- I dressed my tacos up with salsa and sour cream. You can also use the quinoa as a topping it will surprise you..
Wash quinoa under a running tap. Rub the grains between both palms a couple of times while washing. When the water is hot, add washed quinoa. Cook until it is cooked well and almost has doubled in quantity. Shift the cooked quinoa from the pan to a colander and drain all the water.