Quinoa Chicken Parmesan. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. In a medium-size bowl, mix together flour, shredded parmesan, and garlic powder.
Place chicken breast on top of quinoa mixture Press quinoa firmly into chicken breast, then place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat process with the rest of the chicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over chicken breasts, evenly. You can cook Quinoa Chicken Parmesan using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quinoa flour (or wheat flour).
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of (or more to taste) marinara sauce, homemade or storebought.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of basil leaves, chiffonade.
In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir Italian seasoning into cooked quinoa, set aside. Season chicken with garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper, to taste. In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, steamed broccoli, and shredded chicken.
Quinoa Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray..
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in Italian seasoning. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa (see recipe).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat..
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cheeses and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5 more minutes..
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired..
Transfer to a greased baking dish. Spread out and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Add chicken broth then turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Stir in parmesan cheese then serve. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.