Fried Quinoa. Reserve about ¼ cup of it to fry by setting it on some paper towels to absorb the excess moisture. Once it's dry, put about ¼ inch of oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat, get it warm, then add the quinoa and stir it once in a while. In a small saucepan add quinoa and vegetable broth.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add some kale to your deep-fried quinoa and you have yourself a not-really-that-healthy-but-sorta meal! Wait, you didn't really think we were serious, did you? You can cook Fried Quinoa using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Quinoa
- It's 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 cup of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet golden corn, whole kernel.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It's 1 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It's 2 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Smoky Chipotle Pepper hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, 15 oz..
- You need 3 large of eggs, beaten.
From our kitchen to your kitchen…. Dried chilies or chili garlic sauce add a bit of heat, while chopped green onion adds freshness and a pop of color. Once your veggies are tender, simply add your quinoa and sauce and stir-fry until the quinoa is nice and crispy! We hope you LOVE this dish!
Fried Quinoa step by step
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa to a boil in the broth. Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer until all of the broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat..
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil. Saute the carrots and onion over high heat until soft, 6 - 8 minutes..
- Add the garlic, ginger, and parsley and stir fry for approximately 2 minutes..
- Add the quinoa to the vegetables, mixing well, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and Smoky Chipotle Pepper hot sauce. Add beans..
- Create a well in the center of the quinoa mixture. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring until nearly set. Mix the quinoa mixture with the eggs..
- Serve as side dish or add in cooked chicken to make it a full meal..
Push this mixture to the side of the pan and crack both eggs directly into the hot skillet. Scramble with a fork until cooked through. Add green beans, squash and zucchini. Quinoa fried rice is an easy way to get plentiful servings of vegetables, protein, and complex carbohydrates in a single dish. If you have leftover quinoa, try making one of the many variations on quinoa fried rice using ingredients you have on hand.