Coconut Quinoa Cookies. Toast the coconut flakes in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Add cashew butter, honey, banana, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder and salt to the bowl and stir together.
In a small bowl mix the oats, quinoa flakes, coconut, chia seeds, baking powder and salt. Our Quinoa Coconut cookies are made with quinoa and brown rice flour, coconut oil, and low glycemic agave syrup. Sprinkled with healthy fats; walnuts, and shredded coconut on top, the cookies are rich in taste and nutrition. You can cook Coconut Quinoa Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Quinoa Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almond butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 medium of ripe banana, mashed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yogurt, plain.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of chia seeds.
The texture of the cookie is soft and melts in your mouth, releasing the smooth flavour of coconut, walnuts. Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl then add the coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup or honey. Mix with a large whisk until well combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix again until combined.
Coconut Quinoa Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper..
- Add almond butter, maple syrup , banana, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until combined. Add all dry ingredients except for coconut & chia seeds and mix together..
- Fold in coconut & chia seeds. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes..
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat until all dough is used. Use a wet fork to press down into a small cookie shape..
- Bake on center rack for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely..
- Enjoy at room temperature or reheated slightly in a microwave..
In a medium sauce pan , on low heat, add the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Then add the shredded coconut and quinoa flakes and mix until combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir only long enough to mix them in well. Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Ingredients: Organic Quinoa Flour, Casava Starch, Non-hydrogenated Palm Fruit Butter, Organic Raw Sugar, Toasted Grated Coconut, Organic Sugar Cane Syrup, Organic White Rice Flour, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Natural Coconut and Vanilla Extracts (Corn Free) GluteNull Quinoa Coconut Cookies – Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free.