Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls. Mash the sweet potato, add the beaten eggs, and mix to combine. Add all of the remaining ingredients. This version of arancini quinoa balls uses a sweet potato and quinoa mix wrapped around a piece of fresh mozzarella.
Mash the steamed vegetables together and set aside to cook slightly. Toss the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Rinse the quinoa using a colander. You can cook Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls
- It’s 1 large of sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Dried cayenne.
- It’s of Coconut oil (or any cooking oil).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Quinoa.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 large of Egg (maybe 2).
Add quinoa and water into a small or medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper. Place the cold mashed sweet potato and the cooked quinoa into a bowl.
Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F Fahrenheit..
- Cut sweet potato into small cubes and spread out on baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper..
- Bake potatoes for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fairly soft..
- While potatoes are baking, cook the quinoa in water. Bring to a boil and then summer until all of the water is absorbed (10-20 minutes).
- Chop onions into small pieces. Once quinoa and potatoes are done, sauté the onions in a large frying pan. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes begin to break down. Then, stir in the quinoa and mash together while cooking. Once everything begins to stick together, place mixture in a bowl and refrigerate until it is cool enough to handle..
- Once cool, roll mixture into balls (whatever size you like). You can either eat these now, or freeze them. I think they are easier to fry once they are frozen..
- When you are ready to serve them, roll the balls in an egg wash and cover cook over medium heat. Be sure to cook each side..
- Serve alone or with a sauce of your choice. I like a roasted vegetable tomato sauce, but BBQ sauce or mustard would be really good..
Add the grated cheese and stir to combine. In the meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in cold water. Place the quinoa in a pot with the water or stock and bring to a boil. Directions On a stovetop, add water to a pan on high heat. Remove the cover and fluff it with a fork.