Quinoa & Yogurt Salad. This grain is also popular because it's very nutritious. It's packed with vitamins and minerals and contains more protein, fiber and healthy fats than other grains. Quinoa contains higher amounts of protein compared to true grains.
Quinoa ( Chenopodium quinoa; / ˈkiːn.wɑː, kiˈnoʊ.ə /, from Quechua kinwa or kinuwa) is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. It is a herbaceous annual plant grown as a crop primarily for its edible seeds; the seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals in amounts greater than in many grains. Find quinoa recipes perfect for a side dish or main course from Bobby, Giada, Guy and more Food Network chefs. You can have Quinoa & Yogurt Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa & Yogurt Salad
- You need 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It's 1 large of Carrot.
- It's 1 large of Cucumber.
- It's 4 medium of Turnips.
- Prepare 1 large of Avocado.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar free plain yogurt.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Black pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah") is a type of edible seed that comes in various colors including black, red, yellow, and white. After the seeds are harvested they undergo. These gluten-free crackers make a delicious snack on their own or with dips and cheeses. You can add other seeds such as caraway, cumin, or nigella for different flavor profiles.
Quinoa & Yogurt Salad step by step
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Chop the carrots, cucumber, turnips and avocado into very small squares.
- Add the chopped vegetables, the quinoa and the yogurt to a bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Or you can experiment with dried herbs or garlic powder depending on your individual preferences. Carefully open and stir the quinoa, then cover. Use immediately, or spread on a rimmed baking sheet to let cool. Quinoa has nearly double the fiber of most grains. If your body isn't used to consuming a ton of fiber, and suddenly you double down on a quinoa salad, it could definitely throw you for a loop … and lead to diarrhea, bloating, and discomfort.