Sweet Potato and quinoa chili. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic & onion powder, quinoa, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sweet potato, and broth/water, stir until combined. Chili is ready when sweet potatoes are tender. Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Add the vegetable broth, quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and cocoa powder and stir well to combine. Cover the pot and bring to a rapid boil. You can cook Sweet Potato and quinoa chili using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and quinoa chili
- It's 1 of 15 ounce can of black beans drained.
- You need 1 of 15 ounce can chickpeas drained.
- You need 1 of can rotel (diced tomatoes works good too).
- You need 1 of large sweet potato chopped into cubes.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 6 of gloves minced garlic.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of dry quinoa.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It's 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream (topper).
- Prepare 1 of cheese (topper).
- Prepare 1 of cilantro (topper).
- It's 1 of avocado (topper).
Chili is ready when sweet potatoes are tender. Add additional water if chili is too thick for your liking. As with all recipes, adjust seasoning to taste. To your Onion and Garlic mixture, add Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Ground Coriander and Chili Powder.
Sweet Potato and quinoa chili step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat..
- Add onion and saute, stirring frequently until onion begins to sweat, about 5 minutes..
- Add sweet potato and cook another 5 minutes..
- Add quinoa, beans, chickpeas and rotel and continue cooking for another 2 minutes stirring everything together..
- Pour in broth, chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir well..
- Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium low. Add minced garlic and cover pot..
- Allow chili to bubble gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until quinoa and sweet potato is cooked..
- Remove pot from heat and let it sit covered for 10 mins. This allows it to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve with whatever toppings you like and enjoy!.
Add your dried Quinoa, Tomato Paste, drained Kidney and Black Beans and diced Sweet Potato to the pot. Cook, stirring, for a minute or two. Peel and chop onion and garlic. Wash, peel and dice sweet potato. We used canned beans so nothing to do there.