Italian Quinoa Cups. Below this is how to cook, please carefully carefully. Can easily be vegetarian by omitting the meats. Firstly, rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a strainer In a medium size saucepan, add two cups of water and bring it to boiling point Now, add the quinoa.
Mix in garlic and olive oil. (You will include the juices from the tomatoes) Salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions. To the saucepan, add quinoa and tomatoes. You can cook Italian Quinoa Cups using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Quinoa Cups
- It’s 2 cup of hot cooked quinoa.
- You need 1/2 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1/4 cup of halved kalamata olives.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped banana peppers.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lite Caesar dressing.
- It’s 3 tbsp of pesto.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 slice of assorted Italian meats. I used cappicola, Genoa salami and prosciutto. chopped.
- Prepare 1 of fresh torn basil leaves.
Remove lid and stir in spinach, white beans, basil and nutritoinal yeast (if using). Let sit for a few minutes to allow spinach time to wilt. Pour the quinoa into the boiling water, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
Italian Quinoa Cups step by step
- Mix oil, tomato paste, pesto, dressing and garlic in bowl..
- Add other ingredients..
- Serve in lettuce cups. I use bib lettuce..
- Enjoy! :-).
Keep a close eye to make sure the quinoa doesn't dry out or burn. In a large bowl combine the quinoa, cooked onions with garlic, grated cheese, bread crumbs, basil and parsley. Pour over quinoa mixture and combine thoroughly. The mixture should be able to form a patty. If not, add a bit more milk to moisten the mixture.