Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa. Once hot, add the quinoa and brown rice and toss to coat the grains. This cheesy zucchini quinoa is a great way to sneak in vegetables to a cheesy comforting dish that everyone will love. Fill each of the roasted zucchini boats with as much of the cooked vegetable/quinoa filling as possible.
Mix together all ingredients (pro tip – adding the cheese to quinoa while it's still hot melts the cheese and helps to bind it together). Zucchini has a varying amount of water, which will affect the wetness of the recipe. Remove from heat am mix in the zucchini, cheese, salt and pepper. You can have Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa
- Prepare 160 g of quinoa or rice.
- You need 300 g of minced meat.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini/courgette.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of big clove of garlic.
- You need 100 mL of cooking cream (cow or soy).
- You need 150 g of shredded cheese (use whatever cheese you like!).
Remove pan from heat and add parmesan, quinoa, and basil. Arrange zucchini halves on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Remove tin foil and top with mozzarella. These Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Boats make a delicious gluten-free meal that is incredibly satisfying!
Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa instructions
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (or 392°F)..
- Shred the onion and crush the garlic to a pulp..
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon. Cut the insides in small pieces!.
- Spread some olive oil on the outside off the zucchini halves..
- Put olive oil in a hot pan and add the minced meat..
- Add part of the garlic and season to taste. I seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and a spice mix containing (ground) paprika, coriander, curcuma, fenegriq, chilli powder, ginger, cumin, cardemom and fennel seeds..
- When half of the minced meat is ready, add the shredded onion and the rest of the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the zucchini insides, mix and cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the cooking cream and let it reduce..
- Reduce the heat and add half of the shredded cheese (I use a mix of gouda, emmental and rigatello).
- Stir and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture and add shredded cheese on top to get a nice crust!.
- Put it in the oven for 15 min at 180°C..
- Prepare the quinoa as described on the package. You can add chicken stock to the water to improve the taste!.
- Put everything on a plate and enjoy your meal! Cheers!.
Zucchini are hollowed out and stuffed with a delicious mixture of quinoa, topped with grated parmesan cheese, and baked until golden. Made with a few staple ingredients, flavorful low-cal veggies like zucchini served with high protein grain like quinoa are great alternatives to pasta and rice. Remove from heat, fluff with fork and let stand ten minutes. Place zucchini in a large bowl. Add quinoa, egg, garlic, oregano, fresh cheese, and panko crumbs.