Bulgur & Quinoa Salad. Bulgur is an edible cereal grain made from dried, cracked wheat. When cooked, it has a chewy. Bulgur is a grain consisting of groats of wheat.
It has a light, nutty flavor. Bulgur is available in a range of grinds, typically fine, medium, coarse and extra coarse. The recipes of different dishes call for specific grinds, and high-quality bulgur has a uniform particle size. You can have Bulgur & Quinoa Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgur & Quinoa Salad
- You need 1 cup of Bulgur & quinoa mix.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 1 of Red pepper.
- It’s 2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
The bulgur is cooked in chicken broth which gives it a hearty flavor. And the dressing is pungent and wonderful. All the veggies – tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers – blend in beautifully, and the whole salad comes alive when chilled. Use immediately, or spread on a rimmed baking sheet to let cool.
Bulgur & Quinoa Salad instructions
- Add the water and the uncooked quinoa & bulgur mix to a pot. Bring to boil in high heat, the lower and boil for 10 minutes covered (or follow package cooking instructions).
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes (tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and avocado).
- Mix with the cooked quinoa & bulgur mix and season with olive oil and salt.
Like many whole grains, bulgur wheat is a nutritional powerhouse. A common ingredient in bulgur tabbouleh, you can use this versatile grain to make the classic bulgur salad with lemon. Fine bulgur is a quick cooking wheat used in various recipes ranging from tabbouleh to cold salads. Medium bulgur grains are a bit thicker than fine bulgur, yet they still cook relatively quickly. Medium bulgur is used to create veggie burgers, porridge and cereal.