Curry Coconut Quinoa. This healthy coconut quinoa curry is one of the easiest meals you'll ever make. Just toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it cook! Stir to incorporate, then bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
To make the coconut curry Start with coconut oil/ghee in deep pan add in garlic, onion, and green curry paste. Add bone broth, zucchini, and sweet potato to the pot with the onions. The grain gets mixed together with sautéed vegetables, a few flavorful spices, and a touch of fresh ginger and garlic for heat. You can cook Curry Coconut Quinoa using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curry Coconut Quinoa
- Prepare 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It's 1 small of Onion.
- It's 1 medium of Yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut milk (5.46 fl oz).
- You need 2 tbsp of Curry powder (Spice hunter).
- It's 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
It's the kind of dish that can be whipped up easily on a busy weeknight, and if it makes your life easier, then you can use a frozen and thawed vegetable mix. In the meantime, heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Curry Coconut Quinoa step by step
- Chop onion and pepper into small pieces set aside. In medium pot heat oil. Sauté onion and pepper until transparent add salt remove from heat. Rinse the quinoa like you would rice, set aside. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup whisk the coconut milk and water till smooth, set aside. Place pot back on heat add quinoa and curry powder mix well. Once mixed add coconut milk and water mixture, stir together. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes..
- You can add 1 pound of chicken if you'd like to..
- The amount and type of curry is up to you. Start with a little and add as you taste it. Enjoy..
Pour broth into the pan and bring to a boil. In a medium saucepan, mix quinoa, coconut milk, diced tomatoes (with juice), curry powder and ketchup/tomato paste, and bring to boil. Melt the coconut oil and add onion. Add garlic, green bell pepper, sweet potato, all the spices, vegetable stock. Stir in with coconut milk and chickpeas.