Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. Great recipe for Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. Autumn is in the air, and the frost is on the pumpkin.but how 'bout all those delightfully sweet red peppers? Spice up those delightful sweets with a charge of hot Italian sausage and the unique nutty taste of quinoa!
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. Steam peppers until soft but not limp. You can have Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 4 of each Large Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 cup of minced fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1 of each minced sweet onion.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 lb of spicy italian pork sausage meat.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 2 cup of 5 cheese tomato pasta sauce.
In a large skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms in butter. Add the diced tomatos (reserving the juice). Add the crushed garlic and salsa. Add in quinoa, black beans, garbanzo beans, corn, diced tomatoes, jalapeño, quinoa, and taco seasoning.
Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse quinoa in cold water. Add beef stock and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat to minimum and place the lid in tightly.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and mushrooms for about 10 minutes..
- Add the sausage meat to the pan and cook through.
- Add quinoa to saucepan and continue heating until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Cut the bottoms flat, so they will stand up in the roaster..
- Stuff each pepper with the filling mix. Overstuff them a bit because they will shrink..
- Spoon tomato sauce over the peppers, replace the tops and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place in the oven for 45minutes, or until the peppers "slouch" and begin to brown..
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes. Serve with grated cheese, hot sauce and sour cream..
Mix everything together well just until mixed then remove from heat. Transfer stuffed bell peppers onto serving dish and drizzle pan juices over top. Arrange the prepared pepper halves on a greased baking dish, cut sides up. Sauté the spinach with the garlic, basil, and artichoke hearts. Mix with the quinoa and remaining filling ingredients.