Steak and Quinoa Stirfry. Whisk the soy sauce, corn starch, garlic, sesame oil, sriracha, honey, red wine, and beef broth together. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up into small pieces. Then remove the beef and set aside.
Move the steak to the sides of the pan and add the broccoli. Cook the broccoli until bright green and then move to the sides of the pan with the steak. Add rice blend and return to the boil. You can cook Steak and Quinoa Stirfry using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steak and Quinoa Stirfry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 3 clove of Roasted Garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 each of Small red, orange and yellow pepper.
- Prepare 10 oz of steak (as much or as little as you want).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cooking Sherry.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked quinoa (more if wanted).
- Prepare 1 of Fresh cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of butter – OPTIONAL.
Working in batches if necessary, cook the steak until brown and no longer pink. Move the steak to the sides of the pan and add the broccoli. Cook the broccoli until bright green and then move to the sides of the pan with the steak. Stir vegetable broth and quinoa together in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Steak and Quinoa Stirfry instructions
- Finely dice the onion..
- Cut the tops off the 3 peppers, clean out the seeds, cut them in half and then cut them into thin strips..
- Cut the mushrooms in half and then slice them (about a cup when sliced).
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper to your liking and then slice them into thin strips..
- Place pan or wok on med-hi heat. When hot add coconut oil or whatever oil you prefer. Toss in onions. After a minute add the peeled, unchopped roasted garlic (diced if using raw garlic)..
- After another minute as onion starts to brown, toss in mushrooms and sautee for a minute..
- Add in peppers tossing to coat with mushroom and onions. Sautee for a couple of minutes. (You want these to still have a bit of crispness at the end).
- Add steak and brown on both sides…about 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes..
- Add Cooking sherry and let it bubble for a minute then add the soy…bubble for another minute..
- Add the quinoa mixing it with everything. Start with a cup and add more if you like. You want there to be enough quinoa to pick up the sauce but not too much that there is quinoa with no sauce..
- No.salt will be needed but add some fresh ground pepper to taste..
- Optional: to add some creaminess, add 1/2 to 1 tbsp of butter before serving..
- Serve in a bowl or on a plate making sure you get a bit of everything. As a final touch, I put a couple of cubes of feta on each serving.
Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool. Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger to create the stir fry marinade.