Chicken Fried Quinoa. Push the quinoa mixture to the side of the skillet. Remove the eggs to a side plate. Pour the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil into the wok and bring to medium heat.
Break the yolks without scrambling with the whites. Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Chicken Fried Quinoa using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Quinoa
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce (I use Braggs).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 pinch of Chinese Five Spice Seasoning.
Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté until onions are soft. Cube the chicken and cook in a large wok or pan, add the butter and saute the onions and garlic. Add in the cooked and cooled quinoa. Place the chicken on a large plate and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Chicken Fried Quinoa step by step
- Heat oil (I use sesame) in a wok just before smoking point.
- Add cooked quinoa, pre-cooked diced chicken and peas & carrots to wok fry.
- Add soy sauce and coconut milk – continue Stir frying.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl with a splash of water – add to the quinoa and continue to toss to mix through.
- Add Chinese Five Spice to taste.
Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with olive oil and place it over medium-high heat. It still has that beautiful umami flavour, crunchy veg, fluffy grain, and will make you want to fill your plate two or three times. Full recipe is also on our cooklybookly website! Chicken Fried Quinoa Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce and stir until the quinoa is evenly coated. Add the chicken and vegetables along with any of the vegetable juices and edamame.