Mexican Quinoa Bowl. Pulse until combined, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Combine the quinoa and broth in the Deep Covered Baker. Meanwhile, cut the bell pepper into quarters and the zucchini in half lengthwise.
Quinoa- Quinoa is technically a seed but it cooks like a grain. For perfectly cooked quinoa, I like to make mine in a rice cooker, but you can also make it on the stovetop! Cooking the quinoa in broth adds an extra layer of flavor to this recipe! You can cook Mexican Quinoa Bowl using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Quinoa Bowl
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa prepared per instructions with broth for flavor.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canned black beans per bowl.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canned chickpeas per bowl.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of roasted, diced sweet potatoes per bowl.
- Prepare of Cilantro-lime dressing/sauce.
- You need of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 of avocado per bowl.
- Prepare 1/3 of chili-lime chicken burger (Trader Joe’s) per bowl.
- It’s 3 of heaping tbsp salsa or pico de gallo per bowl.
I like to use low-sodium broth so I can control the saltiness of the final dish. While the sweet potatoes cook you'll be able to whip up the rest of the dish! Rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until water is gone.
Mexican Quinoa Bowl instructions
- Prepare quinoa. I like to use a combination of bone broth and vegetable broth for flavor instead of water..
- While quinoa is cooking, roast sweet potato in the oven at 400-425° for 20-30 minutes..
- Cook chicken burger while sweet potatoes roast..
- Season and dice sweet potatoes..
- Add toppings to bowl and drizzle with cilantro lime dressing..
You can also skip this step and use cooked quinoa if you already have it. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl. Add quinoa, broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, and salt. Spoon into bowls and serve with desired toppings. Like this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe, you can use quinoa instead of rice for example.