Quinoa with Oranges, Walnuts & Dried Fruit. To prepare the walnuts, toss them in a small bowl with the olive oil, coriander and cumin. This chicken with quinoa, oranges, and walnuts recipe is the perfect meal-prepped lunch or an ideal side salad. This dish needs additional protein, since chicken and quinoa pack this salad with protein and healthy fats so it makes a well-rounded lunch.
Recommended Video ⓘ DIRECTIONS In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. You can cook Quinoa with Oranges, Walnuts & Dried Fruit using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa with Oranges, Walnuts & Dried Fruit
- Prepare 200 ml of Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of same amount to 1 1/2 times the amount of quinoa Water.
- Prepare 1 of Orange.
- Prepare 70 grams of Cucumber.
- You need 60 grams of Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Finely chopped red onion or green onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cilantro (finely chopped).
- It's 3 tbsp of Dried fruit (I used dried cranberries, cherries and golden raisins).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Walnuts.
- It's of For the dressing.
- You need 3 tbsp of ♦ Lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of ♦ Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ♦ Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ♦ Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 of around 1/4 teaspoon ♦ Cayenne pepper.
Add vegetable stock, thyme, and kosher salt; bring to a boil. When the quinoa is cooked and slightly cool add it to a large bowl with the diced orange, cranberries, walnuts and green onion. To make the vinaigrette, zest and juice your orange & juice the lemon. Remove lid and fluff with a fork and let cool.
Quinoa with Oranges, Walnuts & Dried Fruit step by step
- Wash the quinoa well in a fine mesh sieve. Bring water to a boil in a pot and add the quinoa. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes over low heat until it has cooked through..
- Take it off the heat, give it a quick stir and transfer it to a large bowl. Let cool..
- Lightly roast the walnuts and roughly chop them up. Peel the orange and rip the fruit into bite-sized pieces..
- Dice the cucumber and tomato into 5 mm pieces. Roughly chop the dried fruit. Make the dressing by combining the ♦ ingredients..
- When the quinoa is cool, stir in all of the ingredients listed, up to the walnuts, then mix in the dressing..
- Chill in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavors to meld and it's ready..
While the quinoa is cooking, soak the dried cranberries in the pomegranate juice to plump. Mix vegetable stock, thyme, and salt into quinoa mixture; bring to a boil. Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Toasted walnuts go the extra mile in this simple but versatile side dish. Alternately, just peel the oranges into their natural wedges. Turn the quinoa into a mixing bowl and gently stir in the red onion, serrano pepper, arugula and walnuts.