Quinoa Salad. Make-Ahead Spinach Salad in a Jar Prep these salads once and eat for the week! Make sure to firmly pack the spinach into each jar and they will stay fresh all week. A great use for leftover quinoa!
Add the quinoa, stir once, and return to a boil. Strain and rinse well with cold water, shaking the sieve well to remove all moisture. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. You can have Quinoa Salad using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Salad
- It’s 2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/2 cup of either – lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or white balsamic (the best flavor), or more depending on your taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh parsley chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh mint or dried.
- It’s 2 inch of long fresh ginger, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot shredded & diced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper finely diced.
- You need 1 of English cucumber scooped of seeds & finely diced.
- You need 2 of celery stalks (if small or 1 lg.) finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of purple onion finely diced.
- You need 1 of raisins as many as you like.
- You need 1 of dried cranberries as many as you like.
Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes. To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
Quinoa Salad instructions
- Cook quinoa as directed and allow to cool. While quinoa is cooling cut up all ingredients..
- In a REALLY large bowl add cooled quinoa; add oil, stir well, add vinegar, or lemon juice and stir to incorporate. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. You will do this a few times and at the very end as well. Add enough parsley and mint to your liking. I like more mint so I add more. It's absolutely ok to use dried but rub it in between the palms of your hand to release the oils. You will need about a tablespoon of each. By all means, use more if you like – I do! If you want to REALLY wow everyone, use white balsamic vinegar!.
- Add ginger and stir. Taste for flavors. Ginger will be the heat to this dish. If you want more heat, add more..
- Add ALL the vegetables, raisins and cranberries. Stir really, really well. Taste and add more vinegar, or lemon, to adjust flavors for balance..
- Place in refrigerator to cool. Before serving taste and adjust if needed..
- This recipe is very, very versatile. Add more ingredients or change things up. It's all according to your taste..
Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Then fluff quinoa with a fork and spread it out onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook Quinoa Cook the quinoa and allow it to cool down. Here is my recipe on how to cook Quinoa Prepare ingredients Dice cucumbers, tomato, red onion and avocado into small cubes.