Kabocha Squash Stuffed With Quinoa. Cut the top off of the squash and scoop out seeds. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil, and sauté chopped onion and pepper until the onion becomes translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté a little longer.
Mix together all the ingredients except the squash. Add a little extra lemon juice or olive oil if necessary. Scoop the salad into the squash halves and serve. You can cook Kabocha Squash Stuffed With Quinoa using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Stuffed With Quinoa
- You need 100 ml of Quinoa.
- You need 1 of cube Vegetable bouillon (or vegetable consommé soup stock) cube.
- Prepare 1 of Kabocha squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 100 ml of Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 50 ml of Green or red or yellow pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 5 of Mushrooms, stems removed and sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Raisins.
- It’s 1 dash of each Salt and pepper.
Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil. Add a healthy drizzle of olive oil to a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the stock, the quinoa, and a hearty pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
Kabocha Squash Stuffed With Quinoa instructions
- Put the quinoa, 1 cup of water, and the vegetable bouillon (or vegetable consommé) cube in a small sauce pan and turn on the heat..
- Turn the heat down to low when the pan comes to a boil, and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 15 minutes until there's no moisture left in the pan..
- Chop up the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cut off the top of the kabocha squash and scoop out the seeds..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and bell pepper, and stir-fry until the onion is translucent..
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry a little more. Season with salt and pepper..
- Mix the stir-fried vegetables, raisins, and cooked quinoa together..
- Stuff the quinoa mix from Step 7 into the kabocha squash. Cover with the cut off top of the kabocha squash ..
- Bake for about 60 minutes until the kabocha squash is tender. Take the kabocha squash lid off for the last 10 minutes..
- Infuse with the energy of love and gratitude, and serve..
Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Turn the squash halves over and fill the cavities generously with the quinoa mixture. Garnish with additional chopped parsley and serve. When the kabocha is soft, it is done. Open the lids of the kabochas, and place ½ teaspoon butter inside each.