Mediterranean Quinoa & Lentil Salad. Stir in the quinoa, vegetable stock, and tomato puree. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl. In a small pot, bring the chicken broth and garlic to a boil, then add the quinoa to the pot.
Remove lid and stir in spinach and chickpeas. Let sit for a few minutes to allow spinach time to wilt. To cook the quinoa, combine the uncooked quinoa with ⅔ cup water in a small saucepan. You can have Mediterranean Quinoa & Lentil Salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Quinoa & Lentil Salad
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 100 grams of Feta cheese or white mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lentils (boiled).
- It’s 50 ml of Quinoa (dried).
- Prepare 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of sprig Dill.
- It’s 1 of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ＊Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of ＊Extra virgin olive oil.
Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Remove lid, fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside. This Mediterranean Quinoa is a super simple side dish or main dish and it's loaded with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and feta cheese! One of my go-to restaurants in Chapel Hill is a place called Mediterranean Deli or "Med Deli" for short.
Mediterranean Quinoa & Lentil Salad step by step
- Wash the quinoa to remove any impurities. Place the quinoa and the water into a small pot and turn on the heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes and then let it cool..
- Cut the cucumber, tomato, and feta cheese into 1cm cubes. Remove one sprig of dill from the stalk..
- Combine Step 2 with the cooled quinoa, lentils, and dill. Season lightly with salt and black pepper..
- Combine the ＊ ingredients and pour over the salad. You can either mix the dill into the salad or serve as a garnish on top..
There's a mini Med Deli located on campus, and the full restaurant is right off campus. Salt the quinoa at the beginning to enhance the flavor of the cooked quinoa. Open the lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl to allow even more steam to escape. Place on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.