How to Cook Quinoa. You can cook quinoa in a rice cooker (or the Instant Pot ), but the best way to cook quinoa is actually on the stovetop. Start your quinoa in simmering water to kick-start its blooming and unraveling phase, making it fluffier than you thought possible. Transfer quinoa to a medium pot with water (or broth) and salt.
While you're washing the quinoa, start to boil the water. Combine quinoa and liquid in a saucepan Now that your quinoa is rinsed or toasted, it's time to cook it. Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. You can cook How to Cook Quinoa using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of How to Cook Quinoa
- You need 100 ml of Quinoa.
- It's 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Olive oil (to taste).
In a medium saucepan, combine water or broth, the rinsed quinoa, and salt. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. In the saucepan you plan to cook the quinoa, add a drizzle of olive or canola oil and warm over medium-low heat.
How to Cook Quinoa step by step
- Wash the quinoa well, about 4 times.) Place into a small pot and soak in water..
- Optionally add salt and olive oil to the pot. Cover with a lid, turn the heat to high, and wait until it begins to boil..
- Once it boils, open the lid and use a spoon to draw circles around the quinoa 2-3 times. Lower the heat to low and cover with a lid again..
- Wait 10-15 minutes until the water has completely evaporated. Turn off the heat and let it steam for 8 minutes. Then it's done..
This helps to remove some of the bitterness and stops it sticking together. Tip the quinoa into a pan and add three times the amount of water, so. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat a bit to maintain a gentle simmer. How long does it take to cook quinoa?