Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad!. Add cold quinoa; drizzle with oil, vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide into bowls and serve topped with crumbled cheese. Notes Cook the quinoa ahead of time and refrigerate so it is cold and ready when you add the veggies.
Here's what you need: quinoa - this is the base of the recipe and you can use any type of quinoa you like from white, black, red to tri-color. Any variety will work for this recipe. chickpeas - I used canned chickpeas (aka garbanzo. The Best Quinoa Chickpea Salad Recipes on Yummly You can have Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad! using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad!
- It's 1 cup of Cooked Quinoa.
- It's 1 can of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Cucumber.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Tomatos (or use cherry tomatoes).
- Prepare 1 of Avacado (chopped).
- You need 1 of Fresh Lemon (for lemon juice).
- It's 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
Quinoa Chickpea Salad, Quinoa Chickpea Salad, Quinoa Chickpea Salad. Quinoa, Kale and Chickpea Salad Joy Love Food. Then add the oil and spices. Stir the oil and spice together so that it creates a thin paste.
Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad! instructions
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in water (follow directions on package) I used about 7 tablespoons of raw quinoa and added a pinch of salt in the water.
- Drain and rinse well the one can of chickpeas and set in the fridge until needed so it cools.
- After quinoa is cooked pour into a bowl and set in fridge also for the mean time.
- Now's a good time to chop up all your veggies (save the avacado for last).
- Once everything is ready combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and squeeze a whole lemons worth of juice on top and add in the oil.
- Gentally toss the salad and it's ready go!.
You'll want to stir and "toast" the spices until they become fragrant. Instructions Cook quinoa as directed on package. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then add to cooked quinoa. Add the quinoa, vegetable stock and cooked chickpeas. Stir and bring to the boil.