Healthy Quinoa Salad. Quinoa Deli Salad This healthy version of a deli salad combines hearty quinoa and chickpeas with small amounts of ham and mozzarella, so you get all of the flavor without overdoing it on the sodium. This healthy quinoa salad is great as dinner and doubles as a delicious lunch the next day. Spread the quinoa on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Then fluff quinoa with a fork and spread it out onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool. The salad dressing ties all the flavors together. You can cook Healthy Quinoa Salad using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Quinoa Salad
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 2 cup of water to boil.
- You need 2 of beef bullion cube.
- You need 2 of tomato.
- You need 2 cup of purple onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of cucumbers.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of parsley, for garnish.
- It’s 1 of garlic sea salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper, to taste.
A quartet of super foods (kale, quinoa, avocado, and olive oil) make this a healthy meal! To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Healthy Quinoa Salad step by step
- Dice onion, cucumber and tomato.
- Bring water, bullion cube and quinoa to a boil..
- Finely chop parsley while waiting..
- When ingredients come to a boil, cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 min. Or until quinoa is semi-transparent and moisture is almost gone.
- Turn off heat and add tomatoes, parsley, cucumber and onion.
- Drizzle lemon juice onto quinoa mixture.
- Add garlic salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with a slice of grilled toast or chips if you'd like.
Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes. Citrus Quinoa Salad with pistachios and fresh citrus all wrapped up in a citrus-lemon vinaigrette. Southwest Quinoa Salad with black beans and roasted corn, with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette. Quinoa Corn Salad with fresh avocado, crisp corn, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. This salad is dressed in a chipotle-lime vinaigrette.