Quinoa, Corn & Bean Salad. Cool, then cut off the kernels. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
Turn heat to low and add greek yogurt, cream, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Take off heat and fold in quinoa and parmigiano reggiano. Season with more salt and pepper to taste, and serve with more grated cheese on top. You can cook Quinoa, Corn & Bean Salad using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa, Corn & Bean Salad
- You need 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of canned sweetcorn, drained.
- It’s 2 cup of canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/4 cup of yellow bell pepper, diced small.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, diced small.
- You need 6 of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- You need of Dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of chipotle sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of clear honey.
- Prepare 1 of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1 of good pinch of sea salt.
Notes Quinoa or quinua ( Chenopodium quinoa Willd.) is native to the Andes Mountains of Bolivia, Chile, and Peru. Place the quinoa in a bowl, and cover with cold water. Drain through a strainer, and rinse until the water runs clear. Bring the water or stock to a simmer in a medium.
Quinoa, Corn & Bean Salad step by step
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve..
- Put the quinoa in a pot with plenty of cold water..
- Bring to the boil, then cook on a medium heat for twenty minutes..
- Drain and allow to cool while you prepare the veg and make the dressing..
- Add the veg, beans and dessing in a large bowl..
- Add the quinoa, stir and taste…you may wabt to adjust the chipotle or salt by adding more, according to your taste..
- Chill until ready to serve..
Add quinoa, basil, mint, and fresh lemon juice. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) — a high protein seed that has a fluffy, slightly crunchy texture — is cooked with olive oil, onions and vegetable broth, which add wonderful flavor. Once cool, it's tossed with crisp fresh corn, juicy tomatoes, jalapeños, creamy avocado, and fresh lime. Add the stock, cream, potatoes, and Old Bay. Increase the heat to high and.