Stuffed peppers with three colors quinoa walnuts and raisins. This scrambled stuffed pepper is bound to put some pep in your step for brekky, and it's totally portable so you can take it with you and easily take bites. Ditch the bacon and egg wrap for this just-as-hearty, just-as-tasty recipe. Fishier fare We know that seafood is amazing for us.
A dish with seemingly unlimited variations, stuffed peppers are one of our favorite. Spoon mixture evenly into the seeded bell peppers. To freeze baked stuffed peppers: Wrap each completely-cooled stuffed pepper individually in storage wrap, then follow it with a layer of aluminum foil. You can have Stuffed peppers with three colors quinoa walnuts and raisins using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed peppers with three colors quinoa walnuts and raisins
- It’s 4 of bell peppers any color.
- It’s 1/2 cup of three colors quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of diced shallot.
- It’s 1 of minced garlic clove.
- You need 1/3 cup of diced orange pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of diced red pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley.
Store the peppers in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw frozen stuffed peppers in the fridge overnight. Cool and crunchy broccoli salad is a healthy, refreshing accompaniment for stuffed peppers. The dish is covered with a creamy walnut sauce then sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley.
Stuffed peppers with three colors quinoa walnuts and raisins step by step
- In a small pot boil the water with salt. Stir in the quinoa, cover and let it simmer for 17 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let it stand for 10 minutes..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté shallots and garlic for 1minute. Add peppers, raisins, walnuts and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the cooked quinoa..
- Slice off top of the peppers and remove the seeds. Slice at bottom of the pepper so it will stand up. Brush the peppers and the top with oil..
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the hollowed peppers. Cover with the tops and arrange them in a baking dish. Preheat the oven at 450° F. Bake the peppers for about 15 minutes and serve..
Add spinach, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and black and cayenne pepper. Add cooked rice, tomato juice and ketchup, TVP and spices; blend well. Do not remove the liquid that will occur from the vegetables. Add spices, salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Assemble stuffing by combining cooked quinoa, potatoes and pecans in a large mixing bowl.